Tuesday, April 24, 2007

German Chocolate Fiasco

Yes, I'm being a little dramatic. The cake was not a complete fiasco, because it did taste fine. It just looked like dog food.

Let me back up. Jeremy's birthday was Sunday, and he requested a German chocolate cake. I was a little intimidated, because Jeremy's mom, Carol, is renowned for her German chocolate cake, and I had never made one before. So, I melted the chocolate, beat the eggs, greased the pan, folded the egg whites into the batter, and put the thing in the oven. Then I set about making the frosting, since we can't get the canned stuff here. The cake looked very pretty when it came out ... except apparently I had not greased the pan enough, and the whole thing fell apart when we tried to remove it. I frosted it anyway.





Then we went to City Diner, the new place to eat in Yerevan, for a birthday dinner. I brought the cake. Didn't have any birthday candles, so we had to make do:



Jeremy liked the cake.



So did Andrew.



I guess that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!