Saturday, June 28, 2008

Red Hot Chili

Today I scored the Tickle Me Elmo of yarns. Through my obsession devotion to Ravelry.com, which is sort of a Facebook for knitters, I learned about Wollmeise. Wollmeise is a brand of yarn hand-dyed by a German woman named Claudia. She has acquired a cult following among knitters. New stock doesn't last 10 minutes on her Web site. She used to give her fans advance notice on the updates, but had to stop because the demand would crash her site. Now, she updates at random times on random Fridays. People get up in the middle of the night every Friday for months and months to check the site, and still miss out. I happened to check the site this morning, and lo and behold, there was some yarn for sale. I bought one skein of a red-orange-pink colorway called "Red Hot Chili" just to see what all the fuss was about.



Yarn should not excite me this much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!