Monday, October 15, 2007

How soon we forget!

It was a great weekend in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Such a great time to see my old friends, brunch with my sister and just get away from the wedding for at least 48 hours. Well, at least for Masha. But on the last most she forget to mention one shining moment from our weekend of pleasure and sight-seeing.

We went to the Mall of America on Sunday to do the ferris wheel and, while there, decided to do the log flume. Well, I decided to do it, and then had to talk Masha into riding with me. Easy sell, but probably helped by the fact that Masha might not have known exactly what she was getting herself into.

So, at 11:00 a.m., we loaded ourselves into the log boat, and proceeded to have a nice ride around the inside of the mall, checking out historically accurate recreations of old mining towns, Paul Bunyan and his ox, Blue, and a cute little settler home. Anyway, as we got higher and higher, Masha got more and more scared. I guess the anticipation was getting to her, but by the time we hit the top of the flume, her nails were dug into my back, her nose was pressed against my spine and I have to assume that her eyes didn't see a thing on the ride down. Oh, and the scream into my ear probably would have shattered her eyeglasses if she had been wearing them.

So, needless to say, she's up for our bungee-jumping adventure in New Zealand next year. And here is a little picture of our "pre-flume" bliss. Can we do it again????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!