Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first adult sweater!

I finished this sweater earlier this summer, but didn't post photos, as it was originally intended to be a anniversary gift for Jeremy. While he was here, we decided to forego anniversary gifts this year, since we're taking a trip to Italy - not cheap - at the end of October. Now that Jeremy has seen his sweater, you can too!



Obviously, this is not Jeremy wearing the sweater. Truth be told, I could have made it a tad longer, and perhaps a tad looser, but I will try to stretch it out when I block it. [Note: For non-knitters, blocking is a process whereby you soak the finished item, pin it down, and let it dry. You can often stretch an item made from wool or alpaca while doing this.] But, it's only the first one. I'm sure there will be many more to come. And I'm still REALLY proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!