Thursday, December 2, 2010

The little things

Last night about 9:30, we decided to catch up on this week's episode of Glee.  Zoia was sleeping in her swing, but Natasha was awake - part of our plan to keep her up a bit longer in hopes of beating this horrible jet lag. 

Toward the end of the episode, the glee club's competitors sang a catchy song that I don't know the name of because I am officially old and out of touch with pop culture.  Jeremy started dancing.  Natasha and I followed suit.  We danced to every song for the rest of the episode and had a great time.  It was a moment I want to remember for the rest of my life.

And later that night, when Natasha woke up crying for the third time and I stumbled blearily down the hall to tend to her, I thought about our Glee dance party and smiled.

It's definitely the little things that are going to get us through the next few months.

(Also, I am happy to report that last night's episode of Glee was the third good one in a row.  After a very disappointing start to the season, things are picking up!)

3 comments:

  1. I think you mean "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train...it's my 8 year old (and toddler's) favorite song....if it was the song sung by the Warblers in the competition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is the one! Very catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed seeing Glee for 2 weeks in a row now. Should probably catch myself up. We're doing this no tv when Karl is awake...and he's awake until like 10p, so boo. I went to see this moving "consuming kids" and now I'm so anti western commercial society. What is happening to me!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!