Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday bash

Yesterday was the girls' joint birthday party and although I am glad we did it, I have to say that the experience confirmed my conviction that birthday parties for babies and toddlers are entirely for the benefit of the parents.  (Also, yes, we threw them a joint party.  Their birthdays are 2.5 weeks apart and we plan to double up as long as we can get away with it - I think we have several years yet before they demand separate parties). 

Saturday morning, both girls woke so cranky that, were it not for the fact that we had a party to host, I would have put them both down for mid-morning naps.  As it was, we had to power through.  And crank + lots of people (22 adults and 22 children) + sugar = a hell of an afternoon.  Jeremy and I passed out on the couch during nap time as well.  We are still recovering today.

I didn't get as many photos as I would like.  No cute shots of the more than 100 red velvet cake balls and Oreo truffles I made.  No cute shots of the favor boxes stacked nicely in a row.  And not a single family photo in which I do not look like a manatee (that last one may not be the camera's fault).

So here's what we got.


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love the matching outfits!!! At least you get the work over in one go with a joint bday party. You're both heroes for hosting a party so big!!!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!