Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mauritanian thieves stole my beanie!

It's true, they did! My friend Josh is a Foreign Service officer in Mauritania (west coast of Africa, I didn't know either). A few nights ago, thieves broke into his house. They stole his computer, among other valuables, and the green-and-gray beanie I knitted for him while we were in training in Washington. He's very upset about it, but I'm kind of flattered that they wanted the beanie. Andnow I have an excuse to break out my knitting needles again and correct the mistakes I made on the first hat. It was supposed to be a winter hat, but I made it too short, thus the beanie. I don't have a photo of Josh actually wearing the beanie, but here's one of us at a party while we were in training in 2004.



While we're talking about Josh, I should note that he is going to Juneau for home leave right before Jeremy and I take our trip there this June. I'm bummed that we won't be able to meet up in Alaska (it being Josh's first time there and all). But Jeremy and I are planning to pay him a visit at his next assignment (Sydney) during one of our R&Rs from Kabul, which I'm really looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. It has not gone unnoticed that you have neglected to knit beanies for any of your current compatriots in Armenia.

    - The people

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!