Friday, August 10, 2007

One of the great things about America ...

... is the variety of food we can get here. Today was the best dinner I've made since I returned to the States, and it involved three ingredients I could not get in Armenia: hot Italian sausage, kale and shallots. I sauteed them with chopped red pepper and mixed it up in a bowl - healthy carbless gumbo, and man, was it good.

(My sisters make fun of me because I like to talk about what I eat every day, including lists of ingredients, and because I love watching Rachael Ray on the Food Network. I'm even more annoying now that I'm trying to lose weight before the wedding -- I know the calorie content of every thing that goes in my mouth. I think Jeremy's really going to enjoy that about me when he gets here in just five days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!