Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

This morning I let Jeremy sleep in, and when he made his way downstairs (after a leisurely shower), there was cinnamon French toast with sliced peaches and a Magic Bullet frappe waiting for him.  We had planned to go out to eat after church, but Natasha has been sick and was getting kind of cranky.  So instead, we made burgers and fries after the kids went down for a nap.  That way we could eat all the ketchup we wanted (N is allergic to tomatoes - boo).  For dessert, we had devil's food cupcakes (recipe in Rose's Heavenly Cakes) with peanut butter frosting.  This is not really my cup of tea, but Jeremy loves peanut butter and chocolate together.


I was trying to take one of those mouth-watering photos you see on baking blogs, but I'm pretty sure I failed.  Do these look tasty to you?  I am not sure they do.  I don't have much in the way of fancy photography skills. 

Also, I know a lot of people like to pipe frosting onto their cupcakes, but I prefer to just pile it on.  It's supposed to look decadent, not frilly.  I am not stingy with the frosting, either.  I like my cupcakes to be about half cake and half frosting.  Though this frosting recipe was not my favorite, it's a good one for those who don't like overpoweringly sweet icings.  The peanut butter gives it more body than your standard butter/shortening frosting, so you don't need as much powdered sugar.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!