Sunday, February 12, 2012

Life in fast motion


The blog has not been silent for lack of things to blog about.  I just haven't had the time.  I lost three pounds last week because I was obsessively sewing and skipped lunch most days in order to spend those few minutes at my machine (stay tuned for pictures of the finished product).  I'm not even exaggerating.  Between baking and cooking, refereeing arguments - who knew they would start before Z could even really talk? - changing what seems like so many more diapers than ever and fitting in time to go to the gym, choir and band practice and toddler music class, I feel like there is no time left.

I've been accumulating photos for what should have been a series of blog posts, but as I don't know when I will next be able to blog, I am just going to dump them all in this post.

It's been really cold.  We hit a new daytime low for this winter today: 13F.  There is ice on the inside of our bedroom windows.


Before it got super duper ridiculously cold, Natasha learned to make snow angels.  She doesn't quite get the "snow" part of the equation, though, and will sometimes show me the angels she has made on the living room carpet. They are kind of like the emperor's new clothes.



We've been doing lots of crafts.  I made puffy paint with flour, salt and tempera paints, and Natasha used squeeze bottles to paint with it.


Zoia experienced the joy that is the ice cube game.



We attempted macaroni necklaces.  We will try again in a few months.


We made stained glass windows (clear contact paper + torn tissue).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!