Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My baby is 1

Gabriel turned 1 today.  I know everyone says this, but man, this year went sofreakingfast. 



I cannot believe we've had him for a year.  (I also can't believe he still does not sleep through the night, but that is a topic for another time, or never).




I made him a "smash cake" and he distinguished himself among our children by being the only one who did not cry upon being presented with a 1st birthday cake.


He ate most of the frosting and a few bites of actual cake.  Yesterday I gave him some of the cake scraps while I was assembling it - he loved them.  But I guess when you have cake AND frosting, frosting wins.  He takes after his mama.  I made snickerdoodle cake with brown sugar buttercream - it is amazing and you should make some.




My little boy is growing up.



2 comments:

  1. Masha, he is so cute! Happy Birthday, Gabriel! I hope he starts sleeping through the night as a gift for you. :) And yes, more kids you have the harder it is to catch the time - it just flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - he's gotten so big! He looks so much like his sisters. :) Time does fly... It's kind of crazy.

    Happy Birthday to Gabriel! Achknerd luys to you all. :)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!