Saturday, April 27, 2013

KCW days 3-6

If nothing else, this KCW is teaching me patience.  I cannot believe how many days it took me to finish this nightgown.  Part of the problem was that, as drafted, the pattern with this tutorial didn't fit my girls well.  So I had to redraft it after making the first bodice.  Then I decided to finish the neckline with bias tape and use the ends of the bias tape to tie it, instead of adding a button.  I decided to use my 1/2" bias-tape maker.  For some reason I had the hardest time making that stupid bias tape.  I'm guessing that reason had to do with sleep deprivation, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, I had so much trouble that I didn't even finish making all the tape I had cut out - I just did the bare minimum.

So this first finished nightgown is for N.   I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  She was, too, and kept asking to wear it.  I told her she had to wait until I finished sewing her sister's.  I know I won't be able to hold her off for long, so today I also redrafted the pattern a second time to fit Z better and I cut out and finished her bodice.  If I get that done tomorrow I will call it a successful KCW!

Lace trim from the shop I found last week.


  1. I love love love that nightgown! So simple and pretty.

  2. I really like how it turned out! Looks very cute. And now I think I need to make my girls some nightgowns too :) But when I start feeling better.


Thanks for stopping by!