My girl is so skinny that her chest measurement corresponds with the 6-12 mo size on the pattern. However, she is a tall 3T, almost a 4. So I had to do some rejiggering of the pattern. I jiggered a bit too far, though, and now I have armholes too deep for the sleeves. I'm trying to decide now whether to cut new sleeves (which might look a little strange and off-kilter in the new proportion), or just to bind the too-big armholes and call the dress a jumper. Perhaps I'll decide tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's a dress I sewed last week with my new serger (yay!). It is a sleeveless version of the Junebug dress (see two posts ago), but it is a little too tight on both my girls. Also, I managed to slice a small hole into the skirt while serging the last seam. I patched and zigzagged it and it's not too noticeable, but it did make me very upset at the time.
Here's a photo of Z wearing it today.
The styling is her own. You can't quite see it but she is wearing a shirred tank top under the dress, and then the jeans and boots. No amount of cajoling could convince her that the jeans and boots were a bit of an overkill for the 80-degree afternoon. I could almost hear her sighing over my out-of-style-ness. I guess that's coming ...