Saturday, April 30, 2011

More hail and farewell

This morning we offloaded a bunch of stuff at the community yard sale.  My old camera, a bunch of baby gear, some books, several pairs of shoes (yes, I finally admitted to myself that there are some shoes I will never wear/will never fit me again), some clothes, a picture frame, a bunch of candles, a tea pot, some stuffed animals and a few small kitchen appliances.  Jeremy wanted to sell the Magic Bullet, since we hadn't used it since last summer, but I left it out of the sale pile at the last minute.  I want to make frappuccinos!

But as always happens, I couldn't leave the yard sale without acquiring a few things.  Like a kid's coat rack, which might possibly be the cutest inanimate thing I've ever seen.  Here it is newly installed in our hallway:






Also mighty cute, these fairy wings ended up coming home with us:


Then we headed to Izmailovo, the souvenir market.  I got these adorable cotton/linen blend dish towels with the days of the week on them.



I adore dish towels.  And bath towels.  But particularly dish towels.  I don't know what it is - there is something about cute dish towels that makes cleaning up gross kitchen messes much more pleasant. 

(And yes, I realize this is probably weird.)

2 comments:

  1. I love dish towels, too. In fact, I have a bunch of those old-fashioned calendar dish towels that I got a thrift shop. They make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:
    1) I can't get over the sweet curls on the back of N's head.

    2) If you get more of those tea towels I can make you a cool quilt. Not sure of the texture, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!