Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kids Clothing Week Challenge

Tomorrow starts the Kids Clothing Week Challenge (KCWC) over at elsiemarley.com.  The idea is to spend one hour per day tracing patterns, cutting fabric, or sewing children's clothes.  Clearly, I laugh in the face of this challenge, as I have been sewing an average of more than an hour a day on children's clothes for a couple months now.

But I figure this is a good way to finish off my current spree and finally clean out the sewing room in preparation for our pack-out, which is less than five weeks away.  Eek.

So this week, I've traced patterns and cut fabric.  Next week I plan to sew two more of these cute Class Picnic tops from Oliver + S.


Also one of these O+S badminton tops (and maybe the skort, haven't decided yet):






And this O+S Ice Cream Top (this illustration shows the dress version).


First, though, I need to finish up a summer hat I started working on today.  I'll try to post pictures of my progress each day.

Also ... spring is here!  We went outside without jackets today and it was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!