Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Places in Between

So, I'm sure that most of you know about as little about Afghanistan as I do. In light of that, I'm going to start reading a book called "The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart. I understand that it's a great book about a diplomat who backpacked across Afghanistan right after the downfall of the Taliban.

In fact, my mom is sending me a copy and is working on starting an online book club in order to study the book. So, I offer an invitation to all of you to read the book and offer your insights. It'll be a great opportunity to begin to understand the Afghani culture and then to compare it to our actual experience in the country. Hopefully we'll be able to get out of the capital a little, but if nothing else, it'll be a great experience and something that you can help witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!